Are you an accredited college?
Yes. We are an Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO code 70229).
Are your courses accredited?
The following courses are accredited and nationally recognised under National Standards for RTOs regulated by the Australian Quality Skills Authority (ASQA):
- Event Starter (Certificate III in Events SIT30516)
- Event Manager Online (Diploma of Event Management SIT50316)
- Event Marketing and Sponsorship
Other courses are developed through industry consultation to meet the needs of a rapidly changing employment market. We pride ourselves on constantly evolving our content and learning experiences to provide the most up-to-date and relevant training for our students.
Certification and credentials are awarded for all successfully completed COEM courses. Please refer to specific course pages for more information.
Are your qualifications recognised internationally?
No they’re not. Australian qualifications, however are highly regarded internationally and often acknowledged as ‘best practice’.
Are your courses practical?
Yes. Our courses are designed to combine practical skills and relevant theory. Course content reflects the range of skills, knowledge, attitudes and values required to work in the events industry. Our Learning Facilitators are drawn from industry and possess years of practical experience in designing, producing and managing events of all types and scope.
In addition to reputable qualifications, employers need to see evidence of hands-on experience in events. That’s why our Industry Engagement Program (IEP) is such an integral and practical component of our courses.* We have relationships with hundreds of industry contacts providing you with fabulous volunteering, internship and paid opportunities on events of all kinds. There are so many opportunities to choose from you won’t have any trouble finding roles that suit your schedule and interests.**
If you are enrolled in a qualification, you will receive lifetime access to our in-house event recruitment agency, Event Jobs Online.
* IEP is available to Event Manager and Event Starter students and alumni.
** See updated information in our COVID-19 information section below.
Will I have assessments?
Yes. Assessments are a requirement of most courses and are used to enable students and Learning Facilitators to effectively monitor performance and manage study loads. Assessment are spread throughout the course rather than having one or two large ‘exams’ and are designed to be practical and enjoyable.
Depending on your chosen course, a range of methods are used to assess student progress including quizzes, practical, research reports, presentations, portfolios, hypotheticals and case studies.
What are the entry criteria for my course?
Each course has its own entry criteria. Please refer to specific course pages for more information. Note:
- An ATAR or similar is not required for application to any of our courses.
- There are no course prerequisites for entry to qualifications. For example, you may enrol in an Event Manager course without having completed an Event Starter course.
- You must be over 18 years of age to enrol in most of our courses. If you are under 18 please speak to a Course Advisor for further information.
- You must demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Our courses are not accredited for Australian student visa or immigration purposes. We are unable to assist with student visa applications or transfers. Our courses are open to international students, onshore or offshore, who do not require a study visa.
When can I start studying?
All courses other than our Event Manager program offer a ‘start anytime’ study option. The Event Manager program has specific intakes throughout the year to foster a strong learning community and a more satisfying learning experience and outcome for our students. The learning community also encourages and supports networking opportunities from peers and Learning Facilitators.